Check out who has already confirmed to speak at the very first Pecha Kucha Night Jakarta, on March 10th:
1. Nina Moran / Co-Founder of Go Girl Magazine: About the success story of Go Girl Mag (http://profiles.friendster.com/31314314)
2. Hanny Kusumawati / Blogger: About the initiative Coin-a-Chance (http://coinachance.com/)
3. Bri / Web Entrepreneur: About their work
4. Indro/Hanna / Perfomers: About Lembaga Warkop (http://www.warkopdki.org/web/)
5. Didit Majalolo: About Asosiasi Terbang Layang Gantung
6. Mirwan Suarso / TV Producer: About his project Jangan Bikin Malu 2009 (www.janganbikinmalu2009.com)
7. Cipta Croft-Cusworth / Theme Park and Toy Designer: About his Toy Company Good Guys Never Win (http://goodguysneverwin.multiply.com/)
8. Yoshi: About Bunga Matahari, Poetry Readings (http://bungamatahari.multiply.com/)
9. Nila Tanzil / TV presenter and blogger: About a trip to Malaysia (http://nilatanzil.blogspot.com/)
10. Adi Purnomo / Architect, Author: About his work
11. Roderick des Tombes: About Eco Tourism and Pulau Macan (http://www.pulaumacan.com/)
12. Dave Arnold / Filmmaker: About his Surf Documentary, Mengejar Ombak (http://www.3000realms.com/mengejarombak/)
Pikiran Rakyat has reviewed the alst Pecha Kucha Event in Bandung.
Read the article here.
We’re proud to announce the first Pecha Kucha Night Jakarta on MARCH 10, 2009
Be prepared for an evening full of inspiring stories, images and ideas! We are planning to invite 12-14 speakers, including designers, architects, filmmakers… and more. They will all speak about their latest projects and thoughts, but strictly within the Pecha Kucha Format of 20 images / 20 seconds!
We will soon be announcing our list of speakers on this blog, so look out!
We are inviting you to join us at Es Teler 77 Resto on Jalan Adtiyawarman No.61, close to Recapital Building, Blok M /Kebayoran Baru. Doors Open at 6:30pm, Event starts at 7pm. Entry is free of charge.
From Auckland to Zürich, Pecha Kucha is spreading around the globe. After Bandung, Jakarta is the second Indonesian city to catch the virus.
What is Pecha Kucha?
Pecha Kucha is a networking event, seeking to bring together creative minds from all fields. At one Pecha Kucha Night, up to 14 speakers present their work in the typical Pecha Kucha format: each person is allowed to show only 20 images, each image lasts for 20 seconds.
The result is a furiously fast-paced, fun row of presentations, at 6:40 min per speaker. This may seem short – but it has proven to be just the right time to offer insight into one’s work and to make a point!
At Pecha Kucha, designers present alongside architects, filmmakers or even scientists; they can be newcomers or well-established personalities. What binds them together is their exceptional ideas, and, at Pecha Kucha, having to stick to the strict presentation format!